Director of Risk Management Unit: Mrs. Bayanzul D.
Risk Management Unit /RMU/ manages financial and operational risks of the Bank of Mongolia by developing risk management policy, identifying and assessing financial and operational risks, reporting and developing adequate measures against the risks, and monitoring implementation. Following are key aspects of RMU’s functions:
- Develop policy proposals on financial and operational risk management of the Bank of Mongolia;
- Develop, approve and ensure the implementation of regulations, instructions and manuals on financial and operational risk management of the Bank of Mongolia;
- Develop proposals for improving risk management by conducting research and analysis;
- Identify, assess, monitor and report potential financial risks in the management of foreign exchange reserve;
- Identify, assess, monitor and report potential financial risks in the course of monetary policy implementation activities;
- Define the criteria for the Bank of Mongolia's loan collateral to banks for the purpose of its role as a lender of last resort and develop a list of eligible financial assets and monitor them;
- Identify, assess, monitor and report potential operational risks of the Bank of Mongolia in cooperation with relevant departments and units;
- Provide information and recommendations to the management and staff of the Bank of Mongolia on operational risk management;
- Ensure the continuity of the operations of the Bank of Mongolia and monitor the implementation of the business continuity plan.